Monday, November 23, 2009

13 Weeks 3 Days

It's official- I'm in the 2nd trimester!! Woo-hoo!! :) Here is what's going on with Baby V this week: fingerprints have formed on his/her tiny fingertips, veins and organs are clearly visible through the still-thin skin, and the body is starting to catch up with the head — which makes up just a third of his/her body size now. If we're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Our baby is almost 3 inches long and weighs nearly an ounce. Last week I had 2 appointments: an ultrascreen and a regular appointment. The ultrascreen was really neat! We got to see our baby for almost 30 minutes as the ultrasound technician took measurements and labeled all the body parts. She was very nice and showed us everything from the stomach and the bladder- pretty cool!. Everything looked good! I'm still waiting for the results from the blood test- they should be in within the next day or so.

The next day I had my regular appointment. I went by myself to this one, since Luis was in a training at work. My doctor is very impressed at how well things are going, considering how the pregnancy started off. I got to hear the heartbeat- in the 140 bpm range. I still have to take it easy... she said at least until I'm well into the 2nd trimester. I also made an appointment to get the H1N1 vaccine.

Awkward story from today-- Part of my job in Human Resources is to conduct New Hire Orientation. I stand in the front of a room for a few hours presenting material about the company to new employees. So today was orientation and we just broke for a break. One of the new hires comes up to me and says,

"I didn't know you were expecting."
Me ::blank stare:: "How do you know?"
He says, "I can tell; you are showing."
Me ::blank stare:: "Oh, well I haven't told anyone yet..."

Luckily my co-worker walked in and interrupted the conversation. Thank goodness no one overheard! I didn't realize my growing stomach was noticeable to others! I've been wearing loose fitting tops and blouses, so I didn't think it was obvious! I decided after that awkward moment that I better let the VP of HR know I'm pregnant before she hears it from someone else. A few hours later I go into her office and share my news. She says, "I knew you were pregnant; I could tell. You are showing!" hahaha!

Survey time!!

* How far along?: 13 Weeks 3 Days
* Total weight gain: 2 lbs.
* How big is baby?: Our little bean is now the size of a shrimp.
* Sex: January 5th is the big day!
* Maternity clothes?: Yes- I have been wearing maternity pants to work. They are so comfortable!
* Stretch marks?: No
* Sleep?: Awesome! Can't get enough of it!
* Best moment this week? Sharing the news with family and friends. I will be sharing the news with my coworkers tomorrow!
* Movement?: I know it's too soon, but I'm feeling flutters; Luis calls it gas! haha
* Food cravings?: Still protein and water
* Labor signs?: No
* Belly button in or out?: In
* What I miss: I know I'm weird, but cleaning on my hands and knees!
* What I'm looking forward to: Thanksgiving and spending time with my sisters all together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment